Epson Stylus Pro® 7890 and 9890 Digital Ink-Jet Proofers
An Entirely New Generation of Photographic Printing Technology
Maximum printer widths of 24" and 44"
Representing a new standard of excellence, the Epson Stylus Pro 890 series incorporates their latest achievements in photographic ink jet technology. By combining the precision of Epson's MicroPiezo® TFP® print head with the proven performance of their eight-color Epson UltraChrome K3® with Vivid Magenta, the newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in Epson's history.
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta utilizes eight colors - including auto-switching Photo and Matte Black inks - while setting the benchmark standard for the industry. Even more remarkable, by combining them with Epson's new AccuPhoto™ HD screening technology, they have once again raised the level of print quality.
The advanced Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing higher quality prints, at speeds almost twice as fast as the previous generation. And, with Epson's latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated.
High-Precision Eight-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling eight separate ink channels
- One-inch wide high-performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink-repelling coating to dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- Industry-defining, 8-Color, Pigment-Based Ink System
- Unique formulation of Magenta pigments for extreme blues and purples
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology
- Professional print permanence ratings
- Outstanding short-term color stability for mission-critical Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ technology for reduced gloss differential
- Improved black density up to 2.6 with an L* value ~3.0*
* Dmax and L* values are based on Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper (260)
AccuPhoto™ HD Screening
- Advanced screening algorithm, resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow detail
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process*
- Ensures consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved
* Photographic graininess could still be visible if present in the actual file being printed.