Epson Stylus Pro® WT7900 Ink-Jet Proofer
The World’s First Aqueous-Based White Printing Technology
Designed specifically for proofing flexographic and gravure print jobs that require the color white, the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 incorporates their latest achievements in high-resolution ink jet technology - including the breakthrough Epson UltraChrome™ HDR White Ink.
Epson UltraChrome HDR White Ink introduces an all-new Organic Hollow Resin Particle Technology, which forces light to randomly scatter, producing the illusion of seeing the color white.
This innovative way to produce the color white yields an amazing white ink density, ability for custom white color toning, and provides professional short-term color stability for mission-critical color proofing on a range of new substrates including ink jet coated transparent and metallic films. And unlike traditional white ink chemistry, Epson UltraChrome HDR White Ink is a safer, water-based resin particle - void of any known carcinogens.
Capable of printing directly on both ink jet coated clear and metallic films, in roll or cut sheet, up to 24 inches wide, the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 can proof virtually any size print job thrown at it. Whether you're creating contract proofs of various packaging products requiring a clear or metallic base, or producing color accurate packaging mock-ups or prototypes, the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 can easily proof your most difficult flexographic
and gravure print jobs.
Epson UltraChrome HDR White Ink Technology
- The world's first aqueous-based white ink technology
- Hollow Resin Particles allow light to randomly scatter - creating the illusion of white
- Extremely high white density with complete density control
- Color-tone of white can be fully controlled to better match the white ink used on press
- Built-in cleaning cartridges automatically maintain the printer - virtually maintenance free
- Safer, water-based chemistry - no known carcinogens
High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP™ Print Head
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling ten separate ink channels
- One-inch wide, high-performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Supports both Reverse and Surface white printing press methods
- Capable of printing both color and white in the same pass for perfect registration
- Auto-cleaning system for virtually maintenance-free printing
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink repelling coating to dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Reverse-White Print Mode
- The most common use of printing the color white on press
- All color is applied first, followed by white
- Color is extremely vivid and clear
- Produces the printer's widest possible color gamut
- When using clear films, the proof is viewed from behind or on the "reverse" side of the print, similar to the actual press run
Surface-White Print Mode
- Used for many packaging products - including those requiring metallics
- The color white is printed first, followed by all other colors
- Proofs are viewed on the surface of the media - just like on normal papers