Esko WebCenter 12
True packaging management solution
WebCenter 12 aims to address four challenges directly originating from these market trends: 1) Keep every stakeholder informed; 2) Manage long approval cycles; 3) Manage the overall packaging process from design to shelf; and 4) Handle versions of packages and labels.
WebCenter is a unique and powerful web-based platform that manages pre-production approval and project life cycle.
Webcenter has packaging at its core. It understands all aspects of successful packaging: its shape, the importance of brand colors and it offers control of all necessary content.
Webcenter allows you to manage all the complexities of creating packaging: from specification, design and execution. This management solution makes it easy to classify and organize all your packaging assets
WebCenter offers a solution that enterprise enable, highly secure and easy to integrate with business environment.
New in WebCenter 12:
The review and approval remain the central part of any packaging management solution. WebCenter Viewer is further enhanced with more QC tools and powerful compare capabilities.
The Viewer now supports
- New HSV ( Hue, Value, Saturation) based compare mode to present the intensity of the differences
- Blinking mode to easily spot the difference
- Flexo tools to make it easy to do QC in flexo workflow
Project specification enhancements
Accurately capturing design and production specifications is critical for successful packaging development. WebCenter 12 comes with highly configurable and flexible project request forms to capture the requirements and scope of the project.
The enhancement includes:
- Auto naming of project and documents
- Cascading fields in the request form
- Support for graphical labels, check boxes, rich text field...
- Form builder for tasks specifications
Process management enhancements
Effectively managing the ‘briefing to delivery’ process is crucial to go to market on time. WebCenter 12 focuses heavily on enhancing the process management capabilities.
The enhancements include
- New workflow designer to build powerful workflows
- Project attributes and other metadata fields can be used to build conditional workflows
- Dedicated tasks to create jobs and execute workflows in Automation Engine
Asset management enhancements
Every packaging element created in the development process is an asset. Managing those assets and re-using them is critical to keep the cost under control.
WebCenter 12 is bringing very powerful asset classification and searching capabilities. The enhancement includes
- Fully customizable graphical asset browser
- Saved searches with custom filters
- Nested document and project search
Monitoring and evaluation reports are valuable sources of information for process improvement. WebCenter 12 is packed with graphically rich project progress monitoring and reporting functionality.
The new features include
- Customizable graphical project statuses
- Visual progress display with in the workflow
- Graphical reports in different output formats
For more info visit esko.com